Disposethegarbage.com is supported by our readers. When you buy a product or service through a link on this website, I may earn an affiliate commission.
Disposal of the home wastes are things you cannot fiddle with. They are potentially dangerous in the sense that they attract germs and other pathogens that have the ability to cause diseases.
You want to handle these disposal twin issues with the highest possible levels of caution. Here is our top 10 garbage disposal reviews if you need help in choosing the perfect one for you.
The garbage disposal wrench is an item you will find handy at such times and in handling such an issue. We have devoted the entire length and bottom of this article to discuss it. It is our hope that at the tail end of the article you will be able to appreciate disposal wrench better.
What Is A Garbage Disposal Wrench?
For a start, a garbage disposal wrench is a tool that you use to unjam the clogged garbage disposals sink. To do this, you turn the wrench back and forth to loosen the nuts and bolts that hold the various parts and components together. While at it, the actions also dislodge the clogs that stop the food disposal unit from operating.
Types Of Garbage Disposal Wrench
There are two main kinds of garbage disposal wrenches. We examine the two of them here below plus how they operate and are used. This is to grant you the insight you need to appreciate them better and even make good use of them if need be:
a) Allen Wrench
Also called a hex wrench, the Allen wrench is by far the most common disposal wrench available at the moment. It does find applicability in many other areas than that of unclogging the unit.
Some of these extra uses of the Allen wrench include driving bolts and screws to fasten two or more materials as well as garburator repair.That sees it quite handy and profitable to make do with overall.
At its head is a hexagonal shape that fastens the various parts and components firmly in place. The head of the Allen wrench also minimizes fidgeting to make for good practices. It is mainly useful for your garbage disposal sink.
How To Use An Allen Wrench To Unclog A Garbage Disposal
Make sure to follow the procedures below to use the Allen Wrench to unjam your unit:
- Search for the hex hole that is on the bottom of the disposal unit of your home
- Insert the hex in the hole
- Fit your Allen wrench in that hole firmly
- Rotate and turn the wrench to and from the disposal unit
- Do so repeatedly until it can rotate the turntable freely
- Run some water in the disposal and turn thedisposal unit on for quite some time
- Channel out the debris from the grinding chamber to the drain pipes
- Freely remove the wrench after you are through with the task
b) Garbage Disposal Wrench
Garburator not working? Unlike the garbage disposal wrench, this one is especially suited for garbage disposals. It lacks any other purpose besides this one.
Though they are available in various models, they follow pretty much the same design. The wrenches all have handles, swivel heads, and shafts. Many modern versions of the wrench like the wrench insert are universal in the sense that they can be used to handle any trash disposal irrespective of the specifications thereof.
Their efficacy insofar as unjamming these disposals is so high. This is understandable because of the fact that they are exclusively suited for the job.
How To Use A Garbage Disposal Wrench
Make sure to follow the procedures below to use the garbage disposal wrench to unjam your unit:
- Insert the garbage wrench disposal into the disposal unit’s grinding chamber from the top downwards through the sink incinerator.
- Insert the swivel head of the disposal wrench through the drain hole unit it gets to the bottom of the disposal.
- Lock the wrench onto the shredder plate of the garbage disposal unit by turning it slightly.
- Turn the wrench back and forth to unjam any clogs that block the shredder plate of the garbage disposal unit.
- As soon as the shredder plates commence to rotate freely, detach the wrench from the garbage disposal unit of your home.
- Locate the disposal and switch open the tap to let some cold water to run and then turn on the disposal to channel out any residues that may be left in the garbage disposal unit.
- After you are done with the job, remove the wrench (Freely remove it to avoid injuries).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
This is a special kind of tool that is used to unclog a disposal unit. To do achieve this role, it turns the appliance to and from in order to get rid of any clogs that may hinder the same from functioning properly.
Roughly 1/4 inch. This is the size that has been noted to work wonders when engaged and deployed for use. It also channels the efforts that are applied to the attainment of the necessary ends.
Follow these steps:
1. Identify the hex socket that is found at the center of the underside of the unit
2. Insert this hex wrench into the socket
3. Move the said wrench back and forth to unclog the jam
These steps will make the job done: 1. Check out for any obstructions2. Loosen the jam appropriately3. Restore the power supply 4. Reset the disposal to the original settings 5. Test the disposal for functionality
In most cases and homes, this wrench is found at the bottom of the sink or in the base of the cabinet. Some installations have it near the sink incinerator.
Well, knowing about the garbage disposal wrench and how to use them is not all. You want to get to the bottom of that principally by finding one for yourself and devoting the same to your use. How else can you achieve this save for visiting your nearest hardware shop and placing a suitable order?
Obviously, it goes without saying that you are not the only one who is desirous of these benefits and insights. For that, we challenge you now to consider sharing the insight as far wide as you possibly can manage. When do you plan to set out for the purchase of your disposal wrench? Kindly let us know on our contact page.
How To Install A Garbage Disposal In 10 Easy Steps. DIY Useful Guide.
After scouring many sources, our team of researchers has come up with perhaps 10 of the most reliable steps to install your garbage disposal.
Learn How To Manage Your Household Waste. A Useful Guide To Recycle Your Trash The Easy Way.
Don't know how to separate your household waste? Let us show you how you can recycle your trash in a very easy and organized way.
Learn How To Get Rid Of Kitchen Sink Odor. 14 Easy Ways To Eliminate Stinky Smells.
Is your kitchen sink smelly? Let me show you a couple of easy ways to remove that awful smell from your kitchen using just a few ingredients.
How To Unclog A Garbage Disposal In 9 Easy Steps
Learn how to unclog your garbage disposal in 9 easy steps. We acknowledge that an ordinary homeowner may lack the skill necessary to do this job...
Is Composting Better Than Garbage Disposal? Garbage Disposal Versus Compost Bin.
"Is composting better than garbage disposal?" The straight answer to this question is a firm NO! A garbage disposal is by far the better.
How To Connect A Dishwasher To Your Garbage Disposal (Drain Hose Connections)
Dishwasher not draining? Here you can learn how to connect your dishwaher drain hose to your garbage disposal in just a few easy steps.